Sunday, February 12, 2012

IB Oxbridge/Ivy?

I've been planning to apply to Oxford and Ivy League schools but I don't if I'm good enough, academically.



In my freshman and sophmore years, I had 2 B's (PE brought me down mostly) and 4 A's both years. However, now in my junior year, I have only one B (that I'm planning to raise to an A- by the end of the year) and I'm taking full IB.



Here are my predicted scores:

english: 6

math: 7

german: 6

bio: 6

history: 7

music: 7



So total is 39, without the 3 extra points from CAS, EE, and TOK.

So, because I'm taking IB classes, my IB classes give an extra point for the GPA (so an A- which is a 3.7 would be a 4.7 weighted).

My GPA for my freshman and sophmore years was a 3.7. Unweighted, my GPA right now is about 3.8/3.9.



What are my chances of getting in? Should I apply?

IB Oxbridge/Ivy?
I would apply if I was you, normally they say you should get a 42 if you want to go to oxbridge or an Ivy school, what I see from your predicted scores you should be just fine. btw sometimes it depends on which courses you took for HL and which you took for SL



I took the IB didn't get the top marks but still managed to get into a decent undergrad school, and worked my *** of, and am now considering an Ivy for my Graduate, so remember sometimes its OK to go to a decent Ugrad school, and then a more known Graduate school.


No comments:

Post a Comment