Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good enough for Ivy League?

I have swam, played tennis, and played golf for the three years of high school so far, taken place on my schools mock trial, in the know, DI, and a few other groups for three years and I have a weighted average of 4.45 (top possible is 4.5 at my school). I got an ACT score of 30. But, next year I'm studying abroad in Germany. Because of this, I can't take mutiple AP classes. Will this be a negative component to trying to get into an Ivy league or top rated school? is my ACT score too low to get into a good school?

Good enough for Ivy League?
You have a chance at getting into an Ivy league school. But you need to raise your ACT score a bit to like 33 or above. And going to Germany will help you if you do well over there. It takes something special to get into the Ivies and going to Germany could be that special thing. Also, on your apps. essay, try writing about a certain incident or the overall experience you had over in Germany. I think that will help. Your extracurriculars look good but you need to take leadership positions in some of them. Have fun in Germany.
Reply:If your German is good enough for you to spend the year in German schools, Ivies should be happy to consider you. Your ACT score is good--and the fact that it comes from your junior year should be a plus.

showtime dance shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment